PA to Headteacher
- by Philosophy Education
- Location Newham, UK
£16.00 - £19.00 / hour
21 days ago
- PA to Headteacher
- Immediate Start
- Ongoing contract
- Secondary school
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced PA to join a large Secondary school in Newham to provide Personal Assistance to the Headteacher.
The Headteacher is looking for a PA with a professional and adaptable approach and the ability to be flexible according to the needs of the school. Your role will include a variety of administration and management tasks and you should have a highly professional approach at all times.
The Headteacher is seeking a PA with previous experience in a similar role whether in education or a corporate/commercial environment.
This is a full-time, term-time role although there will be a requirement to be flexible with hours as you will be required to work later some evenings for meetings etc
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a confidential Personal Assistant support service to the Headteacher
- To manage and co-ordinate the Headteacher’s diary and organise meetings, as appropriate
- To note and coordinate the Headteacher’s follow-up actions at the end of key meetings and from correspondence.
- Maintain and devise office systems, including data management and filing.
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handle them when appropriate.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Carry out background research and presenting findings.
- Organise and attend meetings and ensure the head is well prepared for meetings.
- To draft memorandums, letters and reports for the Headteacher’s approval.
- To manage Headteacher’s correspondence, including email.
- To take minutes of meetings for example leadership meetings, premises meetings and governing body committee meetings, and publish those minutes in a timely fashion.
- General administration as required
To apply for this role you must have:
- Previous Personal Assistant experience
- A high level of diplomacy and confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to be flexible with working hours
- A DBS Enhanced disclosure or be prepared to obtain one
This outstanding comprehensive secondary school is located in Forest Hill, Newham and is a popular choice for families in the local community. The school offers pupils a challenging and supportive learning environment and achieves excellent results. The school has a committed staff team in place and benefits from a modern well-equipped school site.
If you are an experienced PA looking for a fulfilling term-time only role, then this is an excellent opportunity.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV outlining your skills and PA experience.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education