- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Reading, Berkshire, UK
29 days ago
Reading – occasional travel to Norfolk required
A brilliant design opportunity has risen to join an ambitious Aerospace interiors company focused on innovation, quality, and sustainability, taking the industry by storm.
As a Design Engineer, we are looking for candidates ready to step up to the next level. Personal mentorship, endless opportunities, and the chance to establish yourself within a serious future competitor in the Aerospace interiors market make this company stand out from most.
A passion for all things engineering and Aerospace is key to succeeding, alongside experience in best practice modelling and drawing techniques in CAD, understanding PDM systems, and knowledge/experience of the latest manufacturing techniques.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
- To deliver line fit and retrofit engineering projects on time, to specification, ensuring compliance to the airframe and regulatory (CAA, EASA and FAA) requirements.
- Take responsibility for assigned elements of the seat design, ensuring parts and assemblies are designed to achieve an integrated seat and aircraft installation design solution.
- Continually drive the design towards DFM (design for manufacture) and DFA (design for assembly).
- Generate and contribute to the generation of development timing plans, and actively engage in measures to adhere to the plan.
- To provide technical guidance and co-ordination to the applications engineering team and to have technical sign off of engineering changes and design releases.
- Produce high quality 3D & 2D design definitions using Solidworks and PDM, along with supporting documentation.
- Liaise with certification, test, and stress teams to ensure designs meet the structural and aircraft airworthiness requirements.
- To work closely with suppliers to develop the design, taking into consideration supplier capability and piece cost, as well as identifying & exploiting opportunities for technical or commercial advantage.
- Manage, track and report to ensure adherence to programme deliverables on time and to the right quality.
- Liaise with internal and, where applicable, external customers to ensure design requirements are understood and achieved.
- Perform fundamental engineering hand calculations (including stress and stiffness) to substantiate the design of the product where necessary.
Desired experience for the Design Engineer
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent).
- Diligent, enthusiastic, and driven, with an excellent work ethic, and a “can do” attitude.
- Highly adaptable and capable of making decisions in a fast and pressured environment.
- Experience in the latest manufacturing techniques such as injection mouldings, vacuum forming, castings, forgings, extrusions, and machining from solid.
- Ideally structural design experience
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing