- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Reading, Berkshire, UK
£45,000 - £55,000 / year
18 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developing Project Manager looking to advance their career within an exciting and rapidly growing company within the aerospace industry. A newly established company with 70+ employees currently in a phase of significant growth bringing alongside it a host of opportunities. The company is currently working with significant airline clients.
The company is a pioneer in developing and manufacturing unique aircraft interiors to increase passenger comfort and ensure cost efficiency, with state-of-the-art testing and production facilities to match. To move forward with their goals, they are looking for a resolute and dynamic Project Manager to develop themselves within this exciting, friendly, and welcoming company alongside seasoned Senior Project Managers.
If you want to take your career further, while receiving a broad range of training and a great chance at advancing your career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- You will primarily be responsible for all aspects of a project, cost, time, project scope, and quality in accordance with the company’s New Product Introduction (NPI) procedure with initial assistance from the Head of Programmes and Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for managing the programme team in achieving project results
- Consulting with internal stakeholders, external clients as well as engineering teams to achieve cost-effective and timely solutions
- Responsibility for the overall programme quality and performance
- Use KPIs to track project performance and report progress
- Schedule, chair, and report on cross-functional project gateway meetings
- Manage and report on the project budget
- Lead programme task and team meetings in an efficient manner
- Take project management responsibility for minor product change actions
- Manage client, stakeholder, and engineer expectations in a professional manner
- Clear and concise communicator, able to get points across in a professional manner
- Previous Project Manager experience (1+ year preferred)
- An engineering, business, or project management degree (preferred)
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Automotive technologies and product development (preferred)
- Results driven, problem-solver with an ability to prioritise workloads
- Exceptional team-working, intercultural and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office package
- Familiar with working to deadlines within a target-driven climate
- A can-do attitude and resilience
What is in it for you?
- 25 days of holiday including all bank holidays
- A company that works to invest in you
- Competitive salary: £45,000 - £55,000
- Employee pension contributions
- Mandatory site closure of 4 days at Christmas (taken from holiday allowance above)
- Flexible working including an early 2:30 pm Friday finish
- Company maternity and paternity pay well in excess of the statutory allowance
- Support, coaching, and guidance from a team of industry-leading / renowned specialists
- Company sick pay scheme
- Relocation packages available
You must ideally live in a commutable distance to the site or be open to relocate
This role would ideally suit a graduate or junior Project Manager with 1-3 years of experience who is looking to further their career within the aerospace sector.
If this role appeals to you but you would like to find out more information or have any doubts about this Project Manager role, please contact Kamil Szpotkowski at Orion Recruitment (Reading) for a chat.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Relocation Package Available
- Industry Sector Manufacturing