Building Maintenance Manager
- by Essential Employment
- Location Wandsworth, UK
£30.00 / hour
14 days ago
Building Maintenance Manager needed in Wandsworth £30ph PAYE - Reference:6693
- To manage a team of Building Maintenance Inspectors and provide a broad range of technical support to an Area Housing Team over routine and non routine maintenance matters.
- To support other departments, Tenant Management Organisations/ Housing Co-operatives as necessary.
- Manages contractors and budgets, ensuring the delivery of best value at all times.
- Provides technical expertise on disrepair claims.
- Ensures a safe working environment for staff, contractors and members of the public where technical issues are identified.
- Upholds and maintains client polices and procedues at all times
- Responsible to the Area Housing Manager for the management and supervision of a team of up to three Building Maintenance Inspectors and a Technical Trainee.
- Acts as a technical resource to the Area Housing Team on all non-routine issues for the Area Housing Team, allocating work and monitoring performance as necessary.
- Ensures that vacant properties are pre- and post- inspected, orders issued and completed efficiently, all relevant safety certificates are present and correct, including a current Energy Performance Certificate compliant with current regulations for either sale or re-let.
- Ensures that all up to date technical data, e.g. room sizes, construction details etc are collected, collated and input into the computer system.
- Certifies invoices for payment in accordance with procedure
- Inputs into the technical aspects of Fire Risk Assessments.
- Identifies significant risks and hazards and advises on matters of fire safety to minimise any possible dangers.
- Identifies structural defects, regularly monitors and makes recommendations, updates interested parties as necessary.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services