- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Worthing, West Sussex, UK
£61,500 / year
17 days ago
Role: Principal Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Principal Engineer to join a company who strives to deliver top-of-the-range and revolutionary diesel engines for marine applications. Having garnered incredible investment for their unique diesel engine, they are looking for a dynamic and experienced Principal Engineer to join the engine testing department.
The candidate for this role must have significant experience working within an engine testing or calibration environment.
The function of the Principal Engineer role:
- Lead the test team within the engineering function
- Ensure the delivery of robust and representative test data to the company from test activities in response to test requests from stakeholders
Key Responsibilities of the Principal Engineer role:
- Overseeing the development and execution of test procedures including component rig test, engine dyno and full outboard testing
- Interfacing with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ensure accurate specification and implementation of test equipment
- Ensure that the test team deliver to agreed targets, identify issues in a proactive manner and provide suggestions for their resolution
- Day-to-day management of the test team including scheduling and prioritisation of test activities
- Review the development needs of the team and nominate appropriate training where required
- Monitor the output of the team and provide regular reports against agreed metrics to the Technical Director
- Strong track record of developing and leading test and development activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject
- Experience in powertrain test set-up and execution
- Experience in an engine test environment
If this Principal Engineer role interests you, but you have more questions before you hit that apply button, please contact Kamil Szpotkowski at Orion Electrotech (Reading) to find out more information.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities