Lead Solution Architect
- by HMRC
- Location Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK
£64,693 - £72,924 / year
14 days ago
*** Starting Salary of £64,693***
*** Located in Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Telford or Worthing***
*** Flexible working available, 2/3 days WFH ***
Join our webinar on Tuesday 14th March at 11:30 to 12:15 to talk with the vacancy holder.
To register your interest, please email [email protected]
When giving details in your CV you should highlight your experience in line with the essential criteria & technical skills listed in the advert and you should therefore include details of the work and projects that you have been involved in, and your role therein.
We are looking for people who can help us rise to meet the challenge, so we are want people with the right skills, behaviours and mindset, people who:
- have a fascination in how tech is evolving and can use that to solve real world problems,
- are huge tech fans – you know the world is changing and want to be a part of that through creating IT solution designs
- enjoy being a part of building out technology projects that deliver results
- have an interest in, or knowledge of, machine learning and artificial intelligence,
- can solve problems through IT
- who can work collaborative as part of a lager team
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then these roles may be just what you have been looking for:
- We’re bolstering our solution architecture function – working on some of the most complex problems for the UK; simplifying how citizens engage with HMRC, managing the border and driving down on those who try to avoid their obligations for the benefit of our citizens
Lead Solution Architects in HMRC
To undertake this role, you can:
- Architect IT solutions at scale – our systems power the UK
- Design IT solutions that put users experience at their core - whether internal staff or external and that are also secure and scalable
- Use your experience of a range of leading technology (Azure, AWS, Python, etc.) to design solutions
- Pick up new technologies quickly, you’re able to understand their strengths and weaknesses and apply that learning
- Collaboratively solve business problem – working with colleagues to identify root causes and create pragmatic IT solutions.
- Get “hands-on” with new technologies where necessary, testing their potential to solve the problem in hand.
- Create POCs, Prototypes, Technical and Functional spikes to bring ideas to life and de-risk delivery.
- Take an agile approach to solving problems from problem-shaping through design to delivery.
- Understanding business strategies and operation and have a track record of developing a close trusted relationship with these areas based on your delivery record.
- Drive change at pace because it is important to you, but you also excel in managing risks.
Your responsibilities in this role will include
- Leading a team of architects and setting direction for the team.
- Accountable for producing technical IT Solution Designs that align to the HMRC IT Strategy and deliver business outcomes.
- Work with Delivery Teams and partners to ensure the Solution Design is delivered and implemented.
This role may require travel and overnight stays.
You will already have experience of:
- You will have designed customer facing and internal IT solution designs that link to and deliver tangible benefits.
- You will be experienced in a range of leading technologies and architectural styles already - e.g., Azure, MS Power, AWS, Python, microservices, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- You will be able to pick up new technologies and architecture concepts and styles quickly, understand their strengths and weaknesses and apply that learning.
- You are a collaborative problem solver – working with colleagues to identify root causes allowing you to create and deliver pragmatic IT solutions.
- You have an excellent understanding of current business operation and strategies and can show a direct link to the solution design that you create.
- You have track record of developing close trusted relationships with business colleagues as a result of your work.
- You can work at pace, but you also excel in managing risks.
- Strong inter-personal skills, especially in handling diverse stakeholders across all levels within the organisation
- Developer background with a curiosity for new languages and technologies
- Possess or working toward TOGAF, BCS or CITP qualifications
- Cloud certifications
- Able to translate between viewpoints and stakeholders view, in particular to speak on behalf of technical teams to the business and to technical teams on behalf of the business stakeholders. Facilitating the relationships with indirect stakeholders.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Please email me on [email protected] for any questions around the job and application and I will be happy to assist
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services