- by HMRC
- Location Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
£41,782 - £44,932 / year
23 days ago
Locations: Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Telford
We have an exciting opportunity to join HMRC’s Project Delivery Profession where you will be supporting large scale IT and Transformation projects, which will deliver benefits to both HMRC and our customers.Job description
We are a team within CDIO (Chief Digital & information Office), CCS&TD (Corporates, Customer Strategy & Tax Design), responsible for the end-to-end delivery of IT projects across HMRC. We work with business groups, external suppliers and other CDIO teams to enable delivery of projects on time, within budget and to quality standards.
The projects we deliver in CCS&TD are for several internal HMRC business groups, including but not limited to KAI (Knowledge, Analytics & Insight), and are primarily centred around data analytics, software development and cloud infrastructure.Person specification
As Project Manager, you would be working as part of a larger IT Delivery team and be responsible for managing IT projects of varying size and complexity across our portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the project and the project team on a day-to-day basis, with responsibility for driving and overseeing delivery to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Work collaboratively with, and understand the needs of, key stakeholders including Senior Leaders as well as other Project Managers, Business Leads, Product Owners, and Solution Architects.
- Produce delivery plans to monitor activities and milestones as well as presenting progress to stakeholders.
- Tracking project spend and working with the business to inform budget allocation.
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalating as appropriate.
- Creating key reports and leading on project assurance activities, to enable effective governance and decision making.
- Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place, to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Seek appropriate support, guidance and coaching from the Project Delivery community, and show a commitment to personal development.
- Ability to drive the end-to-end delivery of IT projects.
- Able to build strong working relationships, facilitating collaboration to achieve successful outcomes.
- Creating and maintaining project plans and identifying and monitoring dependencies to enable delivery.
- Financial awareness, with the ability to produce forecasts and accurately track and report on costs.
- Ability to identify, manage and proactively mitigate risks, including the use of appropriate risk management tools.
- Understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Travel and overnight stays may at times be required, to enable face to face team meetings.
- Experience delivering IT projects in Government.
- Working knowledge of project planning and reporting tools such as Microsoft Project and Clarity.
- Have a recognised or a willingness to work towards achieving a PPM practitioner-level qualification such as APM PMQ, AgilePM Practitioner or Prince2 Practitioner.
- An understanding of Data Analytics and cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services