- by Jam Staffing Solutions
- Location Telford, Shropshire, UK
£25,000 - £26,000 / year
22 days ago
We are currently looking for an experienced CAD Technician on a full-time permanent contract to join the team at our client's head office in Telford.
Annual Salary: £26.000 (depending on experience)
Our client have a number of large projects in the pipeline and are looking to scale up the delivery capability with immediate effect and have a great opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician to join their team.
The CAD Technician performs a variety of designing and drafting activities for clients and for the internal personnel, to inform the estimation and/or manufacturing processes.
About the role
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings, production drawings and more complex drawings (if required).
- Undertake clash control on 3D drawing files.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes or additional details
- Review architectural plans, specifications, and other customer documentation
- Support the factory and site installation processes to develop prototype designs and resolve issues and designs for final production.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference.
- Establish filing guidelines and processes to ensure documentation is retained in the correct manner.
- Maintain excellent client relationships
- Liaising with clients, project managers, and colleagues across the business from the factory floor through to the leadership team.
- Responding to site queries as required.
- Undertake site visits as required.
- Ensure the implementation of IMS procedures within the department, along with contributing to the companies ISO9001 and ISO14001 systems along with BOPAS, CE Marking and EN1090 accreditations/certifications
About the Candidate
- Good forward planning.
- Architectural / Design or technical background is not essential but is advantageous
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods is advantageous
- Knowledge of software and skill including using 2 & 3D CAD / other 3D modelling software such as Revit, Vertex and Tekla as necessary and BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- Good working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015
- Good communication and people skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with a focus on quality
- Ability to present ideas effectively
- Able to evaluate ideas of others
- Ability to work individually or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set; then please do not hesitate to apply for the role!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other