Security Communications Officer
- by HMRC
- Location Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, UK
£27,650 / year
12 days ago
About the Team
The ComSec team have a critical role in HMRC’s communication security. The team manages the Top-Secret Communications, Rosa and Cryptographic services in line with national accreditation requirements.
They are high profile team roles and the post holders will have regular contact with staff at all grades.
The roles will be key in managing the day to day running of the services and locations to ensure that only appropriately cleared and trained staff access the enclaves.
The posts are part of the wider ComSec team and will be based in the locations above and will manage a number of satellite locations.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: "https://hmrc-jobs.career-inspiration.com/app/home", find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question.Job description
For Top-Secret Communications, Key Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that those who have access to sensitive assets and material comply with Cabinet Office policy and procedures.
- Supporting the requirements of the authorities and supporting projects and business as usual activities.
- Carrying out the Top-Secret Communications application process, including conducting Top-Secret Communications induction briefings.
- Supporting the annual Top-Secret Communications equipment muster; Completing the annual Top Secret Communications staff review.
- Identifying gaps and weaknesses in compliance to policy and implementing improvements.
- Providing input to Top-Secret Communications-related incident management.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding the Top-Secret Communications service to users.
For Rosa Key Responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the physical environment is compliant with Rosa security requirements & physical security infrastructure maintained.
- Report any failures in equipment.
- Regular inspection of tamper proof seals on Rosa kit.
- Complete and submit quarterly audits on kit.
- Deal with on-site security incidents.
- Complete and maintain site security documentation.
- Be responsible for access and entry for network equipment room/ restricted areas.
For Crypto Key responsibilities will be:
- Support primary Crypto Custodian & end users in the co-ordination of activities for the application of Crypto across the Organisation.
- Assist with the management and assurance activities the ComSec team will conduct across the relevant locations, including the locations mentioned above plus the satellite locations.
Note: This is not an exclusive list, and the post-holder will be required to perform any additional duties
reasonably expected of them within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skills, competence and training.
Travel and overnight stays are rare, but generally are connected to training courses or visiting our other site.
Please note the posts are to split across the locations listed and subject to the following maximum roles per location:
Glasgow: 1Essential Criteria
• Willing to undergo DV Clearance.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of internal/external people.
• Experience in working in Office 365 and SharePoint.
• Be willing to regularly travel to other locations.
• Be willing to work out of hours when required.
• Experience of working in the Top-Secret Communications environment.
• Experience of working in the Crypto environment
• Experience of working in the Rosa environment. Follow link to be taken to the application form. Role closes 11:55pm 20th March
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services