IT Service Analyst
- by HMRC
- Location Edinburgh, UK
£27,650 - £29,728 / year
11 days ago
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.
HMRC are designing new systems, products, and processes around our customers to make it as easy as possible for them to connect with us.
Our IT infrastructure is one of the largest and most dynamic in Europe, and we are now one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
Chief Digital Information Office runs the IT and Architecture behind tax services which deliver benefits to millions of individual and business customers.
We are building a team of outstanding people who will create and run these new and improved digital services.
This is a fast-paced environment, but we recognise the value of a work life balance for our people. You will not just be part of a team but a community that supports each other.
Do you have a passion for delivering quality products?
Do you want to make a difference?
Then come and join us.
Our new regional centres are high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings that help people to collaborate and work flexibly. They will have high-speed digital infrastructures and up-to-date learning and development facilities.
The role of an IT Service Analyst is to effectively support the Guidance Development Team with the day-to-day issues that arise with the teams web applications from the departments 60,000 users.
As an IT Service Analyst, you will support the development of new functionality into both the departments Guidance Hub and SEES applications.
You will undertake specific tasks set by the IT Service Managers, these tasks include:
• Maintenance of the Guidance Hub, including actioning urgent work requests from key stakeholders
• Maintenance of the SEES system, including publishing of ad-hoc forms and applications requested by stakeholders.
• Triaging live service incidents from users of the system.
• Support user-testing of changes to applications.
• Create internal team knowledge articles to widen the knowledge base where gaps are identified.
• Participate in the team rota’s for general tasks and chairing calls.
As an IT service Analyst, you will:
• Support the Guidance Development Team and wider system users in the resolution of their issues
• Ensure service incidents are worked within SLA’s
• Ensure work requests are actioned within SLA’s
• Help deliver new system functionality required by key stakeholders
Desirable past experience/skills:
• Demonstrates good communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and IT specialists.
• Shows aptitude for analysing and managing problems arising from incidents in the operation of information systems.
• Understands the significance of service level agreements and their significance and has a general understanding of the customer environment.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services