- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Sheffield, Derbyshire, UK
£35,000 - £42,000 / year
12 days ago
As a Test Engineer, you will be joining a market-leading green solutions manufacturing business, who through extensive investment into research & development, have developed an impressive range of advanced energy solutions, all manufactured in the UK.
The company have a number of accreditations including Made In Britain, empowering the British manufacturing community.
Working as a Test Engineer you will oversee all aspects of HV/LV testing The Test Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all products meet IEC60076 standards.
As a Test Engineer your duties will include:
- Ensure a quality product is electrically tested and released to the customer against the specified standards.
- Maintain and record all test results for auditable and warranty purposes.
- Proven experience with CSA, IEEE, ANSI and IEC standards.
- Ensuring operation of equipment by reporting repairs and ensuring calibration is in date.
- Keeping the operational team informed of the workflow and any potential issues with output.
- Suggesting ways to improve the test processes.
- Providing working knowledge of the Test team to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Experience of working to BSI and ISO9001 standards.
The successful Test Engineer will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of implementing testing standards in a large electrical environment.
- Can test to IEC60076 standards.
- Winding Resistance Measurement test.
- Turns ratio and check of phase displacement test.
- Short-circuit impedance and load loss test.
- No-load loss and current test.
- Separate Source Voltage Withstand Test.
- Induced voltage withstand test.
- Pressure Test (Flash Test).
- Use of HV/LV test Equipment.
- Winding resistance meter.
- Three phase ratio meter.
- Variable ratio auto- transformer.
- Flash Tester.
- Amp meter.
- Experience in both HV and LV; ideally up to 11KV, 5MVA.
- Electrical/engineering qualification is preferable.
As a Test Engineer you will receive the below benefits:
- £35-42k per annum
- Up to 5% basic pay bonus paid annually linked to company performance.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays.
- 3-month probationary period standard
If you are interested in the above Test Engineer role please click ‘apply’ or contact Orion Reading today, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing