- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Luton, Bedfordshire, UK
£37,000 - £40,000 / year
10 days ago
Benefits: 25 days holiday (rising to 27 after 3 years’) + 8 days bank Holidays, Pension
X 4 salary death in service, Ongoing training & development
Fantastic opportunity for a motivated and results-driven Buyer / Purchasing professional to undertake a varied key role with ongoing development opportunities within a world-class business in support of a range of leading mechanical products.
The Engineering Buyer’s role will be to support the current team within a fast-paced manufacturing environment working on prestigious projects and with big-name customers.
Working as part of the core purchasing team you will be responsible for supporting purchasing of direct parts and related items for manufacture across a mechanical commodity range spanning, support of metalwork (machined and fabricated items) as well as other associated consumable items.
You will be provided with training and development to develop your commodity expertise, so attitude and passion to develop are key.
As Engineering Buyer, you will undertake a key role supporting existing accounts and key customers
Responsibilities for Buyer will include:
Place orders for a defined range of suppliers, using the MRP / ERP / SAP system
- Ensure lowest overall cost of acquisition.
- Ensure suppliers deliver products to agreed delivery dates. Progress chasing urgent requests as necessary.
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Maintaining an accurate record of stock holding for purchased parts
- Dealing with invoice and delivery queries
- Supporting and dealing with problems raised by the Quality department and communicating with Engineering
- Work with purchasing team on projects (such as NPI projects)
- Prepare data and documentation as necessary
To succeed in this interesting role, you will be an experienced engineering buyer or production Buyer with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure required.
A business-like approach, tact and diplomacy when negotiating and the ability to absorb and assess information quickly is essential. Good PC skills including Excel for data analysis advantageous.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the link
Likely to suit individuals with a background as (but not limited to) Engineering Buyer, Supply Chain coordinator, Analyst, Assistant Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Production Purchasing co-ordinator, Technical Buyer, Supplier quality, Supplier Development Engineer, Commodity specialist or similar
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ Full benefits
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities