Development Control Engineer 0007 2728 / 1
- by Essential Employment
- Location Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK
£17.80 / hour
7 days ago
We urgently require a Development Control Engineer (Assessing and responding to Planning Applications on behalf of Highways). Based in Manchester. £17.80ph ref 0007 2728 / 1
The candidate will have experience of understanding and assessing planning applications and focusing on the Highways related investigations.
- Day to day support to the Development Control Team (Assessing Planning Applications & working closely with Developers and Applicants)
- Stakeholder management, influence and negotiation with both private and public clients and external stakeholders, including developers, managing relationships, providing advice and feedback
- Quality assurance – undertaking technical reviews of design information and reports
- Assess highway applications associated with highway Development Control processes under the relevant legislation along with previous experience of checking developers design submissions,
- Assess planning applications and providing highway related comments on how a new development may impact the existing highway network e.g., visibility, parking, traffic flows, flood management, required Traffic Regulation Orders, servicing of a development, general access and the safety of motorists and pedestrians. Close working relationship with Planning
- Significant experience of working within a highway or construction environment - it would be advantageous to have a background in Development Control within a Local Authority
- Must hold a minimum of a ONC / OND in Engineering and have significant experience in Highways / Construction.
Full time hours on a temporary basis.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services