- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
£35,000 - £45,000 / year
17 days ago
Are you a Production Engineer with experience in manufacturing? We are delighted to be partnering with a well-established global leader and a long-term client who are seeking an experienced Production Engineer. Having been in operation for over 35 years and due to exponential growth in the last decade, they are looking to add to their growing team.
As their new Production Engineer, you will have a proven track record of using lean principles to reduce, rework, and be able to communicate effectively with the team to lead change and deliver processes for new and existing programs.
Based in their Basingstoke office with parking on site. This is easily commutable from Reading, Wokingham, and Basingstoke and close to major access routes. The working hours for this Production Engineer opportunity are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Responsibilities of Production Engineer
- Responsible for the planning and designing of processes for new and existing programs.
- Working with Production Management to identify, record and reduce reworks in all areas of the manufacturing process.
- Updating and recording processes in MRP/ERP systems.
- Lead design for manufacture reviews.
- Lead continuous improvement programs to support production.
- Develop and document SOP for all key processes.
- Be the key point of call for engineering issues in production.
Required Skills of Production Engineer
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems is essential.
- Experience and understanding of working from electrical schematics.
- Experience in Creo/Cad software.
- Track record with Lean principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits for Production Engineer
- 25 days annual leave.
- Simply Health cash plan
- Employee assistance program
- Wellbeing app
- Lifetime assurance x3
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in learning more about this Production Engineer role, click Apply Now, or call Orion Electrotech and speak to Emily Fowler.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing