Senior Electronics Engineer
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Norwich, Norfolk, UK
£55,000 - £65,000 / year
10 days ago
This is a rare opportunity to join an engineering consultancy like no other. With sustainability being the biggest priority, their completely unique ideas are creating a new wave of innovation which you do not want to miss out on.
To continue with their mission, they are looking for a Senior Electronic Simulation Engineer to be responsible for the electronic simulation elements within the company, with a focus on delivering documentation for feasibility studies, functional test plans and verification & validation reports in accordance with the company’s test strategy.
Responsibilities and duties of the Senior Electronics Engineer
- To author feasibility reports with supporting simulations
- To author validation & verification plans and reports with supporting simulation and test plans & reports that can used to certify the company’s product.
- Responsible for mathematical modelling and testing of products to validate and verify modelling and simulation results.
- Plan and demonstrate correlation between models and real-life test results.
- To perform tests and document test results to validate electronic models & simulations in alignment with the standard procedures, H&S and test lab rules.
- To plan, perform and/or direct technicians to build and validate new or modified test equipment as required.
- To create appropriate methods, work instructions and Risk Assessment documentations.
- Review standards associated with test procedures and align & adapt test methods accordingly.
- Coordinate tests, equipment and resource in test lab in alignment with the business-related priorities.
- Ensure all test work reflects requirements as stated in test procedures.
- Work on continuous improvement projects e.g. test equipment and process improvements.
Desired experience of the Senior Electronics Engineer
- Simulation experience of complex circuitry using programs such as Simulink, Matlab or Simetrix.
- Experience using Electronics CAD Software (Preferred Altium)
- Understanding of thermal management requirements for electronics and working in a multi-disciplinary team to find solutions for thermal design considerations.
- Experience with high power DC/DC converters 2-10kW+. Buck/boost converters
- Experience in EMC compliance & design considerations
- Understanding of EMC, LVD (essential) & RoHS, electrical safety
- 5 years or more experience of electronic engineering or a related role
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing