Data Evaluation Analyst
- by HMRC
- Location Manchester, UK
£34,404 - £36,985 / year
15 days ago
Location Nottingham Regional Centre- Unity Square, Nottingham, NG2 1NL, Manchester Regional Centre- 3 New Bailey Square, New Bailey Street, Salford, M3 5AY, Portsmouth Regional Centre, Lynx House, 1 Northern Rd, Cosham, Portsmouth PO6 3XA About the job Job summary
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.
About HMRC’s Customer Compliance Group and Wealthy & Mid-Sized Business Compliance:
HMRC’s Customer Compliance Group (CCG) plays a pivotal role in the collection of the correct amount of money due from UK taxpayers.
WMBC is a directorate within CCG delivering compliance activities across the widest, most diverse range of customer populations and taxes within HMRC.
WMBC is moving away from a reliance on traditional methods into one that places a greater emphasis onto ‘upstream’ compliance activities that enables customers to get their tax affairs right at the earliest possible opportunity.
To help achieve this we need to be able to evaluate our upstream compliance activities in the best, most robust ways through our Analysis, Intelligence and Data Exploitation (AIDE) function.
And this is where we need you.
Are you an experienced Data Analyst looking for your next challenge?
Do you want to be part of something that will fundamentally change the way people work?
Do you want to help prove the positive impacts from innovative ways of working?
If so, read on.
The Analysis, Intelligence and Data Evaluation team (AIDE) is looking for Data Evaluation Analysts to help take Wealthy and Mid-sized Business Compliance’s (WMBC) delivery of upstream compliance activities above and beyond the £1Bn level of value achieved in each of the past three-years.
AIDE needs you, your skills and your passion for complex analytics, and an innovative mind-set to be an active leader in achieving this aspiration.
You can look forward to receiving a 24-month tailored training programme, the support of a dedicated mentor and excellent potential career development.
Successful candidates can also undertake a 2-3 year apprenticeship.
To be accepted onto the apprenticeship, candidates must have:
- Valid passport/birth certificate and NI number
- Must have lived in the UK and/or EEA for 3 years prior to apprenticeship start date
- Must be working in England for at least 50% of working time
- Not undertaking another apprenticeship or government funded qualification at the same time
And have one of the below;
- 2x A Levels (including Maths or ICT)
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent grade.
- Use software to extract, manipulate and analyse data.
- Present your work to enable informed decision-making or achieve business outcomes.
- Effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences. using verbal, written and presentation skills
- Use project and stakeholder management skills to work with non-analytical, tax specialist customers to determine the overall scope and requirements of the analytical work and manage conflicting demands, priorities to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Be proficient in using analytical software such as R, SAS, SQL, Access and other relational packages to extract and manipulate complex/large data sets.
- Be experienced in delivering complex analytical projects with tangible outcomes in business-orientated field.
- Be able to present findings in a clear manner and provide constructive feedback to stakeholders.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Your Technical Statement must demonstrate your competence against the following task: “Your ability to use software to extract, manipulate and analyse data to create an effective, robust opinion that informed decision-making or achieved a business out
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services