- by HMRC
- Location Edinburgh, Edinburgh & Lothians, UK
£52,598 - £59,294 / year
7 days ago
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.
At HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), you’ll have the once in a generation opportunity to be part of changing the way we secure one of the UK Government’s largest organisations, contributing to key operations that protect our employees and citizens alike.
In a changing world where the security threat evolves faster than ever, organisations need investment and agility to respond to emerging security threats. Here, at Enterprise Security Programme (ESP), we are doing something about this; investing in people, processes and technologies to transform HMRC into an industry leader for security, fundamentally changing security culture and building resilience to respond proactively and effectively to threats.
You’ll be joining project and security professionals focusing on delivering a multi-year cutting-edge programme covering everything from cyber, to personnel, and physical security. The programme incorporates business, culture and technology change across cyber remediation, cyber operations, security transformation, applied security and special projects and is unparalleled in investment and scale. Our reach extends internally to 60,000+ employees, spans cross government and throughout our supply chains to ensure that our customers and their data remain protected. This means you’ll make tangible impacts to securing our country.
Join us at HMRC Security during this period of growth and transformational change and take advantage of the opportunity to be part of this exciting journey, benefitting from access to a varied career pathway and continuous development as we shape the security practice of the future, together.
Our Business Analysts understand user and business needs, working with project /delivery professionals, scrum teams to identify, analyse, model, and test these needs.Job description
A Lead Business Analyst has a good understanding of the enterprise arena and works in highly complex problem spaces, typically spanning multiple products or services.
Working across the entire programme, you will be working with business analysts to establish a consistent practice, providing expertise and guidance where required. You will apply the right methodologies to fit workstream deliverables, and advise on best practices. As part of governance activities you will evaluate outputs and recommend changes to make them fit for purpose.
- Be a leader in the business analysis community (across government and externally)
- Have functional management or people management accountabilities or a combination of both, always acting as a mentor to others
- Build capability within their own Team and the Business Analyst Profession by promoting and managing Learning and development
- Have a good knowledge of IT, Delivery and Technology strategies
- Actively share knowledge and be seen as a go-to person in the field
- Coordinate requirements and use case gathering activities, their validation, review and sign-off, ensuring the needs of key stakeholders are met
- Determine the requirement for, and coordinating business process work
- Lead the evaluation of requirements against the current and target state to form a gap analysis, identifying risks and opportunities
- Coordinate stakeholder management, ensuring it is an ongoing process
- Create and evaluating the criteria for quality gates, and ensuring that outputs meet the criteria through a structured review process
- Ensure traceability of requirements and use cases to end products
- Coordinate development and application of frameworks, methodologies, models, and specifications were applicable.
- Business Analysis Qualification for example BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in the application of standardised frameworks, and reviewing project documentation.
- Exposure to information security projects
- Experience coordinating the work of a team of BAs.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Technical Aptitude
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services