CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Caterham, Surrey, UK
£47,000 - £50,000 / year
8 days ago
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Benefits Include: Half day Friday, matched pension (+ life assurance) , 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, HealthCare plan, + ongoing development + additional benefits such as discount schemes
We are a leading manufacturer of high-end electro-mechanical products to a global customer base and are currently going through a period of development as a result of new projects. As part of this, we are looking for a talented Continuous Improvement Engineer / Lean Manufacturing Engineer to join the team with a passion for lean/continuous improvement.
As our Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will be supporting the manufacture of our next generation products as well as driving forward ideas to continually improve our existing systems and manufacturing processes to enable us to stay at the forefront of innovation.
The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer will suit a talented Lean / Continuous Improvement / Production / Manufacturing Engineer with a mechanical or assembly engineering background as you will be driving process development of our existing products and supporting new product development through effective application of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
Key accountabilities for will include:
- Identifying opportunities to drive continuous improvement of manufacturing process and support of continuous improvement events.
- Utilisation of lean manufacturing tools and techniques for Problem Solving
- Supporting Value Engineering exercises to assist in achieving the maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness of the process
- Play a key role in plant and process layout for new and existing products
Responsible for the maintenance and development of fixtures and tooling for new and existing products and processes
- Producing clear work instructions for new and existing products
- Justification and specification of manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for capital expenditure.
- NPI support - undertake DFA/DFM and PFMEA on new products as required.
- Supporting Management in fostering a culture of lean manufacturing culture by using lean tools, SMED, Six Sigma and Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Pro-actively lead and contribute to cost reduction continuous improvement initiatives
The ideal candidate will ideally be:
- An experienced HNC/D / degree qualified (or with relevant industry work experience) Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer with an assembly or mechanical / electro-mechanical background with:
- lean manufacturing background – understanding of lean tools / techniques such as FMEA’s DFM, 5 Whys, value stream mapping or similar
- Excellent people skills to complement your first-class Manufacturing Engineering / Continuous improvement / lean skills
In return, you will be rewarded with the chance to continue to develop yourself and to drive improvements and make a real difference within production.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the link
Likely to suit individuals with a background as (but not limited to) Lean Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, CI Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Value Steam Engineer or similar
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ full bens
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent