We currently have an Inbound Customer Service positions for a major Shipping Line in London. This is an amazing opportunity to develop your skill set and gain experience with an industry leader.
We are looking for candidates with previous port systems knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills, basic documentation and BL rating knowledge, preferably with previous import experience (although this is not essential).
The purpose of this role are to handle onward movement and release of all cargo arriving into the UK from Asia and America. This is a varied role that covers both financial and operational KPI’s and it is imperative that CSR’s are both multi-functional and knowledgeable in all areas outlined below.
- Receive the delivery/release instructions by phone or (where approved) via email.
- Input the deliveries/release into the Group mainframe system and ensure that any special instructions are complied with, for example:
- Hazardous Cargo
- Out of Gauge
- Refrigerated Cargo
- Special Equipment
- Monitor various mailboxes at the same time. Ensure that inquiries received from customers on their shipments are actioned and provide timely and accurate information using the Group systems and applications.
- Ensure that all relevant invoices are issued in line with specific customer agreements and that all outstanding monies, documents and releases are in place prior to release of cargo and in accordance with the cargo release policy.
- Liaise with accounts to request approval of BACS/CHAPS payments and status of customer credit accounts.
- Quotation of rates relevant to specific shipments i.e. manifest/haulage and ancillary.
- Check customer rate agreements and liaise with sales team/rating team at point of origin if required.
- Arrange Diversion of Cargo in line with the Group policy ensuring that all systems are updated and documentation amended.
- Routing of cargo via Feeder or Road/Rail options where suitable with the aim of minimizing cost impact to the Group.
- Query Resolution for the whole of the UK.
- Reporting, Financial – liaise with finance team and complete the following reporting functions to ensure 100% accuracy and revenue recovery: Un-billed/under billed Demurrage, Container Detention, Un-invoiced Haulage, Cost vs Recovery Haulage, Credit note issuance
- Reporting, Operational – liaise with port ops / container control teams to monitor the Group equipment levels i.e. Long Stay Cargo at Port/Salvage, Delinquent Cargo
- Maintain a professional attitude whilst communicating with the Group clients to promote the Group as a world class shipping company as well as selling our online services to customers.
These is a fantastic role, where no day is the same, you’ll be constantly learning in a non-repetitive environment. If you’re a team player with the ability to work under pressure and maintain attention to detail, then please get in touch for more information.
The position is paying up to £24k with some excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, non-guaranteed bonus, pension scheme, life assurance and cash health plan.