- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Burton upon Trent, Derbyshire, UK
£14.13 - £17.81 / hour
73 days ago
JOB LOCATION: Burton on Trent
HOURS PER WEEK: Average 45 hours per week
SHIFTS: Nights (4 on 4 off)
SHIFT DAYS: Monday to Sunday (flexibility to work weekends)
Rate: £14.13 PAYE / £17.81 Umbrella
As the Production Operative, you will be working with a global leader in Rolling Stock vehicle manufacturing, service and maintenance and is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. This prestigious company is also the largest rolling stock manufacturer and provider in the UK and employs over 70,000 employees in 60 countries worldwide.
Position Summary for the Production operative:
As the Production Operative, you will be required to carry out Routine Mechanical Maintenance of Rolling Stock Fleets.
This position is the key focal point for the safe and reliable running of the fleet.
This position for a Service Technician is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their skills within the Rail industry. Opportunities to be trained as depot driver on the completion of basic training.
The position for the Production Operative is based on a busy maintenance depot and all applicants would be expected to complete the following:
- Refuelling of Trains
- Work from written instruction (VMI)
- Work from Mechanical Engineering drawings, working to specific measurements
- Replacing mechanical components to correspond to engineering drawings
- Routine fleet checks ensuring that the Fleet are operated safely
- Oil & Filter changes
- Replenish both toilet and drinking water supplies
- Underframe cleaning activities
Production Operative Experience:
- Open to taking direction, learning new skills and possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work from and interpret written work instruction closely.
- Able to carry out physical aspects as well as the more intricate aspects of the role.
- Flexible and committed team member that works well as part of team.
- Accurate and efficient worker.
- Basic mechanical skills required
Candidates from the following background will be considered:
- RAF, REME, Army, Navy
- Plant Maintenance
- Engineering Services Maintenance
- Heavy Mechanical Engineering
Ideal applicants would have had some heavy maintenance experience and previously worked shifts. Ideally would also have a NVQ level 2 in Engineering, although this is not essential.
Please contact Orion Rail Team to find out more or to make an application today!
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS AN DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST AND MEDICAL BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities