- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Slough, Berkshire, UK
£40,000 - £45,000 / year
78 days ago
Circa £45k + company vehicle
Exciting opportunity available for a Service Manager to join a market leading special purpose vehicle organisation to deliver the highest possible levels of customer service to their defined region and ensure the Service Centre operates in an efficient and effective way.
Service Manager Responsibilities:
- Attend to customer requirements
- Maximise the use of the resources available to the Service Centre
- Ensure that the service technician’s work is completed to the highest mechanical standards
- Administration activities are completed correctly
- Always ensure that a high standard of depot housekeeping and cleanliness is maintained, with focus on image standards.
- When necessary, assist the Service Centre controller with the prioritising of the engineer workload to ensure that all work is covered in good time.
- Ensure that the Service Centre monthly objectives are completed
- Continually monitor depot overheads and ensure spend does not exceed budget.
- Maximise the profitability of the Service Centre
- Continual monitor and look to improve Service Centre staff efficiency, productivity, and utilisation.
- Provide technical support to problem jobs.
- Ensure the correct levels of parts are held in both the Service Centre parts department and technician’s van.
- Ensure the highest level of ‘Fixed First Visit’ is achieved
- Approving holiday within the Service Centre.
- Identify technician training
- Annual and probationary personal appraisals
Service Manger Qualifications/Experience:
- Previous experience in service manager role
- Comfortable in a customer facing experience
- From special purpose vehicle/plant/ manual handling/ HGV background
- Good communicator
- Experienced with SAP system (Desirable)
- Good management experience
- Clean driving licence
If you’re in the Service Manager click apply now
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Bonus, Pension, Vehicle
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
HND/HNC or equivalent