We are looking for a Purchasing Supervisor to work effectively within the busy accounts team and fully support the Financial Controller in delivering a first class service to our customers internally and externally.
To work effectively within the busy accounts team and manage the day to day activities of the Purchasing function. To ensure the timely receipt of supplies into the Company and ensure that we never have to delay customer orders by reason of lack of parts & materials, whilst also ensuring stock levels are maintained at economically efficient levels.
Key Skills, Characteristics and Experience
- Competent on accounting software and MS Office suite of programmes.
- Have experience within a purchasing role, minimum 2 years experience in a fast paced department.
- Be commercially and financially aware
- Attention to detail with good organisational and time management skills.
- Confident communicator at all levels and will have a ‘can-do’ positive attitude and display the ability to identify problems and solutions.
- Hard working and able to work under pressure
- Diligent with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise own workload.
The Purchasing Supervisor will be expected to perform any of the following tasks to include but not limited to:
- Maximising purchasing efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Scrutinising Sales Orders & Purchase Requisitions to see whether these can be satisfied from stock holdings.
- Developing supplier relationships to enhance the quality of supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Sourcing new products and suppliers to extend across all areas of expenditure for the business, ensuring that we maximise our purchasing power in respect of price, delivery and terms
- Work together with and fully support Service Departments in reaching company goals and responding quickly to company and customer needs
The role is full time; fast paced and requires high level of attention to detail and great organisational skills.
Applicants will be excellent team players, experienced; customer focused and have a strong work ethic and values which fit in with our own.
Auto enrolment Pension / Group Life Insurance / Bike to Work Scheme / EAP / Corporate Flu Jab / Staff Welfare Fund / Holiday Purchase Scheme
Purchasing/buyer experience of minimum 2 years. Competent on accounting software and MS Office suite of programmes.