IT Support Technician - Leyland, Lancashire
A leading provider of Social Wi-Fi to the hospitality trade with millions of active users and a rapidly growing portfolio of customers. To ensure we maintain our excellent customer service, we are seeking to expand our support team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Support, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a quality interface between our customers and our technology team. This will be instrumental in the expansion of our business.
Prior experience of telephone support roles is essential with a track record of working with customers to overcome technical challenges.
We will provide relevant training to ensure that you feel confident and comfortable in dealing with the varied and different equipment we support.
Day to day duties will include
• Configuring wireless controllers and access points to deploy our products
• Managing Trials and deployments from a customer perspective to ensure success (from start to finish)
• Provide on-site and remote support on new deployments and existing customer deployments
• Liaising with Vendor technical engineers to raise any bugs and feature requests
• Provide an interface between our technical customers and internal teams, for example escalating any issues or reporting on deployment dates or milestones to keep the customer updated.
• Excellent customer facing and telephone skills and a willingness to engage customers at various levels of knowledge to solve problems.
• An understanding of the fundamentals of networking, such as equipment used for providing wired and wireless networking and the basics of TCP/IP.
• An understanding of networking such as IP routing, DHCP and VLANs
• Providing remote support for engineers and customers with prior experience in this.