Business Development / Bid Manager
- by KM Recruitment
- Location Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK
£45,000 / year
38 days ago
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Job Title: Business Development / Bid Manager
Location: Manchester (Home / Office Based)
Salary: £45,000 + Company Benefits Package
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- The successful Business Development Manager will have proven experience of developing new business / building relationships (ideally within the work-based learning / education sectors).
- Proven track record of successful bid writing / tendering, within the public sector.
- Bid, proposal and report writing experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the desire and drive to succeed.
- Strong cv that shows longevity.
- Proven experience of generating own leads, negotiating / winning, and closing new business.
- Experience of working towards and achieving targets.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Manage and support the Business Development and Tendering team.
- Manage the Bid process, to include: opportunity identification and qualification; creating and managing the pipeline of bidding opportunities; bid writing; supporting with content writing and delivering the bid strategy.
- Gain approval to bid for successful projects and devise a work plan to achieve successful tender outcomes, within the public sector.
- Work as the main point of contact within tendering for all initial enquiries from clients, partners and suppliers.
- Manage and develop new business activity across the UK, through business development and engagement.
- Establishing a business development plan/business strategy and developing and implementing other organisational plans.
- Keep up to date with competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, evaluating the market and scoping out new opportunities.
- Report sales data and forecasts on a regular basis and meet month-end sales deadlines.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education