Recovery Officer (Fully Remote) Remote
- by Essential Employment
- Location Solihull, West Midlands (County), UK
£20.98 - £24.13 / hour
41 days ago
Recovery Officer (Fully Remote) needed, £20.98 to £24.13ph PAYE - Reference: 396353
- Deal with all recovery correspondence from reminder stage onwards
- To progress Council Tax and Non Domestic Rate debt recovery by making a decision on the appropriate course of action in relation to the debt taking into account the individual circumstances of the customer
- To progress Housing Benefit Overpayments and Sundry Income debt recovery by making a decision on the appropriate course of action in relation to the debt taking into account the individual circumstances of the customer
- Sign post customers to ensure they are aware of the organisations they can approach for debt and welfare benefit advice
- Process and monitor arrangements, attachments to benefits and attachments to earnings taking the appropriate action where necessary
- Review customers income and expenditure to agree affordable repayment plans
- Review reports to ensure unpaid debts are progressed through the recovery process
- To take the necessary action to trace debtors that have left with no forwarding address and update accounts as appropriate. Where necessary arrange for any write off action to be processe
- Deal with debt recovery enquiries on the telephone as required and undertake private interviews at the courts as necessary
- To carry out the appropriate checks with regard to cases that will be sent to enforcement or collection agents
- To deal with cases returned from enforcement or collection agents
- Take the appropriate action to prepare court cases for Housing Benefit Overpayment and Sundry Income debts
- Take the necessary action to deal with complex recovery enquiries and respond in writing, on the telephone as appropriate
- Liaise with other sections of the Council, enforcement/collection agents and other outside bodies as required
- Maintain a good knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction, to be able to give advice to customers on the eligibility criteria and how to claim this support
£20.98 to £24.13 (Dependent on experience)
Ideally have -
- Revenue and benefit Experience
- Relevant experience of working in in a debt collection, credit control, finance or similar environment with significant customer contact.
- Relevant experience of working in a fast paced office environment
- Basic knowledge of Local Taxation legislation[LC(M1] such as council tax and business rates[LC(M2]
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to understand the needs of customers and provide supportive and empathetic customer service
- Ability to compose non–standard letters
- Good level of Numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in using a range of IT software and applications including the inputting and processing data
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work on own initiative and experience of accepting responsibility for decisions taken
- The ability to learn, understand and apply complex processes
- Objective frame of mind
- Flexible and creative in approach, in order to maximise collection of outstanding debts
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services