Chef de Partie
- by Philosophy Education
- Location Hunsdon, Hertfordshire, UK
£26,000 - £28,000 / year
26 days ago
- Chef De Partie
- £26,000 - £28,000 /annum
- Location: Hunsdon, Hertfordshire
Would you like to work in a small hands-on team led by Head Chef/Owner James Rix? Michelin Bib Gourmand 2012-2022. Are you keen to learn and cook interesting and tasty seasonal food?
We are looking for a passionate and driven Chef de Partie willing to learn and grow within the Fox & Hounds team.
The Fox and Hounds Hunsdon is a welcoming, family run pub & restaurant in the Hertfordshire countryside serving imaginative food with rustic French & Italian influences. Offering a sophisticated but simple menu, The Fox and Hounds are recruiting for an enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join their highly skilled team.
Featured in all good guides including Michelin, AA Best Pubs, Alastair Sawday's Special Places & CAMRA Good Beer Guide. The Fox & Hounds Hunsdon holds a Bib Gourmand for the 8th year running – recognition by the Michelin Guide for establishments offering good food at reasonable prices.
Chef de Partie: Role Summary
Full time Chef de Partie required to support the Head Chef in preparing, cooking and presenting dishes along with the general running of a section within the kitchen.
Chef de Partie: Main Responsibilities
- To support Head Chef with all kitchen operations and menu development.
- To utilise quality products to produce quality food so to maintain excellent reputation.
- You will, on a daily basis be; cooking a daily changing menu, use fantastic seasonal produce, make bread, roll pasta, making everything from scratch.
- Ensure all food handling and storage standards are upheld.
- 6 shifts over 4 days per week, Restaurant closed Sunday nights, Mondays & Tuesdays
Chef de Partie: Essential Skills Required
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to remain focused and multi task.
- Own transport as based in a rural location. No in house accommodation or public transport available.
- All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Basic salary - £26,000 - £28,000 inclusive of Tronc
If you have the experience required and a positive attitude, then please apply ASAP.
The Sunday Telegraph Magazine stated “This is how country bar dining should be – palpable food savvy, coupled with big hearted portions and beaming smiles from genial staff”
The Fox & Hounds – Hunsdon, Near Ware, Hertfordshire
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Catering & Hospitality