Supplier Quality Engineer
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
£38,000 - £42,000 / year
37 days ago
Do you enjoy building strong relationships with Suppliers?
Are you in need of a new challenge in an growing organisation?
I have the opportunity for you!
My client is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join an established Quality team ensuring that all products delivered from a supplier are in compliance with manufacturing specifications and company standards.
Responsibilities and duties for the Supplier Quality Engineer will be, but not limited to:
- Visit Supplier’s facilities, providing technical advice and guidance to suppliers where required in order to reduce defect rates, observing the manufacturing environment to review and assess supplier processes and procedures.
- Crucial support to the supply chain, facilitate purchasing and engineering in researching, sourcing, and assessing the best vendors to supply the necessary materials.
- Participate in cross functional teams conducting supplier/sub-tier selection.
- Conduct supplier/sub-tier audits as well as internal Product/Process, System and Environmental Audits
- Generate quality and performance metrics and report regularly.
Skills and experience for the successful Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Degree in electromechanical engineering or equivalent professional qualification ( Preferable)
- Ability to make decisions and follow through any given actions to a successful end result.
- Ability to work with employee, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
Remuneration and package on offer for the appointed Supplier Quality Engineer:
- £38k - £42k
- 25 days holiday + BH (increasing with length of Service)
- Company pension (matched % up to 8%)
- Life Insurance (4x Salary)
- Canteen on site
- Free parking
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Employee Health Scheme.
To find out more on how you could be consider for the Supplier Quality Engineer APPLY NOW!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing