Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, UK
£48,000 - £55,000 / year
35 days ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Pressure Vessel Design Our Client A highly established Engineering firm who have pioneered the process engineering world for over 200 years. Working on the design and manufacture of bespoke process equipment being produced for markets such as pharmaceutical, biotechnology, brewing and distilling just to name a few. Offering a completed service solution from concept through to installation & service, each project is customized for their cliental. Here you will very rarely work on the same thing twice, continually being able to challenge yourself to innovate and create new solutions as customers come through the door. A continual steady growth has seen this business maintain a strong order book with more in the pipeline. The Role & Responsibilities of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Mechanical Design and analysis of pressure vessels and pressure systems.
- Prepare Vessel Fabrication
- Produce 2D and 3D Drawings
- Handling projects from concept to completion
- Undertake and check engineering design calculations including pressure system calculations.
- Create BOM's
- Ensure commercial viability of proposed solutions.
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process.
- Continuous Improvement
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Degree Educated (or similar) in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of developing process equipment (Pressure Vessels)
- Understanding of modelling a design for FEA is advantageous
- Highly Skilled in CAD: ideally SolidWorks or Inventor
- Proven experience of running cradle to grave design projects
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities