IT Infrastructure Engineer
- by Agile Recruit
- Location Winnersh, Berkshire, UK
£45,000 - £55,000 / year
19 days ago
IT Infrastructure Engineer
About the role:
Full time, Permanent
Salary: £55,000 per annum + annual company bonus + onsite parking
Working: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
As the UK IT Infrastructure Engineer for the client that Agile Recruit are recruiting for, you will ensure the smooth running of IT Services and support to the business.
- Form part of the IT Infrastructure Team. As part of this team the individual will ensure the smooth running of the IT services and support to the business.
- Will help to configure infrastructure and resolve 3rd line IT Infrastructure issues that arise and provide an efficient and timely resolution to them.
- With the IT Infrastructure team, will run all infrastructure projects. These will typically involve, project management implementation, cross training, and documentation.
- As a member of the team will need to make sure relevant policies are adhered to, and required documentation and logs are kept up to date.
- This role requires a worker with a degree of flexibility and will require out of hours work, and with European Infrastructure Team will be on call Rota for critical issues.
- Monitoring of infrastructure systems and escalation of any issues identified.
- Install, maintain & support IT environment including network and servers, monitoring systems, change management, telephone systems.
- Work on infrastructure issues, providing an efficient and timely resolution.
- Update the helpdesk system ensuring all parties are informed on update/resolution or escalation of issue.
- Where appropriate identifying common issues and suggesting resolutions.
- Following Operational & Procedural guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate operating procedures and ensure documentation is created, maintained and distributed appropriately.
- Liaise with development team to ensure timely resolution on issues with application systems.
- Primary time shift will be 9 to 5 Monday – Friday.
- Support helpdesk staff during peak periods & absence.
- Will be required to be on an on-call rota for critical system support on evenings and weekends where appropriate.
- Will include occasional travel to other group company offices.
- Any other activities line manager deems appropriate to the role.
You will have:
- 5+ years technical experience managing a Microsoft virtual based Infrastructure, with up to date hands on experience capable of troubleshooting to a high level.
- Technical experience managing cloud environments
- Linux experience
- Good Customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Experience of automation systems for deploying PC/Laptops/tablets.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Azure, Windows server, Clustering, Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server, Backup Technologies and Virtualisation (Hyper-V). Firewalls, Cisco Switching, iSCSI.
- Complying & Enforcing Business Security policies.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networking (TCP/IP), Firewalls, VPN.
- Server Build & configuration within agreed specification would be advantageous.
- Customer service skills, able to create and maintain relationships with users.
- General Task Management & Administration, change control management, experience in working in an ITIL environment a distinct advantage.
- Strong analytical mind.
- Excellent technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Passion and confidence.
In return we will offer you:
- Basic salary of £55,000 per annum + company bonus
- 23 days annual leave (increasing based on years of service)
- Enhanced pension and life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave
- Perk box - discounts on food & drink, tech, health & beauty
- Taste Card - restaurant discounts and 2-4-1 deals
- Health Assured - Employee Assistance Programme
- Full training and ongoing support to enable you to fulfil your role to the best of your potential
- Great career opportunities and fun working environment where performance and success are rewarded
This is an urgent requirement and if you would like to know more around this opportunity please apply directly or contact me at [email protected]
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Marketing, Advertising, PR