Deputy Director, Organisation Transformation
- by HMRC
- Location Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
£73,000 - £76,500 / year
31 days ago
As part of the CDIO Chief Operating Office, this role is pivotal to the continued development of CDIO. The postholder will play a key role in the transformation of the future of CDIO over the coming years.
The postholder will be responsible for the detailed design of the future Target Operating Model describing how CDIO will execute its strategy, including the end to end people, processes and technology required to do this.
The postholder will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and CDIO, and be responsible for developing the CDIO Performance Framework, holding people to account for their performance on behalf of the CDIO. The postholder will lead the development and implementation of a CDIO level roadmap to improve the organisation in line with its business plan.
The postholder will be responsible for driving forward the CDIO’s priorities, ensuring these are managed effectively with the CDIO Leadership Team, using their influence where neededJob description
- Accountable for CDIO operating model transformation: Oversees and leads the ongoing evolution of the CDIO operating model and organisation design by translating the HMRC and CDIO business strategy into operational and organisational requirements.
- Accountable for CDIO organisation design: Drives transformation across structures, policies and metrics as well as culture, values and behaviours.
- Provides overarching change leadership: Oversees the initiation, planning and management of strategic, large and complex change management initiatives. Provides guidance and raises awareness to help change leaders demonstrate effective behaviours to deliver organisational change.
- Drives the definition of the change strategy: Drives the definition and delivery of the change management strategy, enabling continual improvements to change management methodology, tools and training materials necessary to enhance approach maturity.
- Strategy alignment of design outputs: Ensures organisation and operation improvement activity aligns to the CDIO’s corporate strategy, ensuring the strategic principles are core to any design.
- Guide the development of policy and procedures: Oversees the development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to facilitate management control and to ensure that all internal operations achieve their business objectives, including in both current operational and organisational structures, as well as target states structure.
- Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate significant knowledge and experience of:
- Leading Operating / Organisation Model design and change management at a senior level within an IT function.
- Developing and implementing change strategies and plans within a large business function (preferably IT function).
- Experience of leading technical design, implementation and knowledge management programmes within a large-complex organisation.
- Proven understanding of what makes a successful IT function tick as well as Agile, ITIL and Product based Op Models.
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent experience related to organisational change
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services