Retail Trainer / NVQ Assessor (Trainee or Qualified)
- by KM Recruitment
- Location Taunton, Somerset, UK
£25,500 - £26,500 / year
28 days ago
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills & Employability sectors.
Job Title: Retail Trainer / NVQ Assessor (Trainee or Qualified)
*Trainee or Qualified Assessor Opportunity*
Location: Home/Field based (Must be flexible with travel throughout South Bristol / Weston Super Mare and surrounding areas, with occasional visits to Devon)
Salary: £25,500 - £26,500 (Depending on qualifications)
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension, Company Car after Probation + Much More!
Type: Full-time, Permanent
For trainee candidates; this is a great opportunity to transition to a new and rewarding career within the training industry!
Drawing on the wealth of experience you have within Retail, to deliver vocational qualifications to learners working in the Retail industry.
Full training and support will be given to trainee candidates to achieve the Level 3 Award in Education and Training qualification, upon achievement salary will be reviewed.
Essential Criteria for all candidates:
- The successful candidate must have at least 5 years' experience within Retail Management (preferably with Area Manager/Dual Site Management responsibilities, though this is not essential).
- Must have experience of administration within a Retail setting, e.g. managing the cash office, dealing with MIS report and reporting figures, managing a project (launching a sale, monitoring payroll costs, managing time).
- Confident to deliver Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT – (Must hold own at grades C or above – or Key/Functional Skills at level 2) - full training provided
- Excellent IT / Computer skills
- Happy to undertake the Assessor award for trainee candidates
- Full, clean, UK driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Must be flexible with travel.
- Assess and support learners working towards Retail Apprenticeship Standards up to Level 4, as well as Business Administration and Customer Service to Level 3.
- Deliver training and support to learners undertaking Functional Skills - Maths, English and ICT to level 2.
- Conduct online and face to face observations learners to gather evidence towards their qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Meet Assessor KPI’s in terms of timely visits, quality paperwork and general administration.
- Assessors are expected to take part in learner recruitment to maintain own caseload.
- Must be an excellent communicator who is learner and quality focussed.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Secondary School or equivalent