- by Stirling Warrington
- Location Birmingham, West Midlands (County), UK
£42,000 - £43,000 / year
23 days ago
Perm nights Sun night - Thursday Night 8 hours 10pm-6am
Want to work as an engineer within a fast paced FMCG business? They are a family owned business who manufacture out of an automated factory, due to expansion and investing in a brand new packaging line and canning lines they are now looking for a nights maintenance engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. As a Maintenance Engineer, all overtime available which is ALL paid at x1.5. The role involves a mixture of PPM and reactive breakdowns. Some of the machinery you will be working on will include conveyors, packaging machines, palletisers, de-palletisers, metal detectors, box-erectors, robots, filling lines, pumps and much more. Main PLC's they have on site are Siemens S7 - TRAINING COURSE ON PLC'S AND MECH-ELEC CONVERSION COURSES AVAILABLE. They are happy to look at both mech and elec bias maintenance engineer. Note - a lot of the work does involve mechanical just to be aware of.
Why work for you?
- Good staff retention
- 8 hour shifts
- 28 days holiday
- Great retention with the Maintenance Engineer department - investment into engineers i.e training courses
- Won some brand new contracts and always growing
- Full training on bespoke machinery
Experience required for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Minimum 3 year’s experience working as a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer ideally within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline – C&G/NVQ
- Must have knowledge of 3-phase motors, contactors, sensors, relays and basic electrical
- Need to be mechanically sound - bearings, straps, chains, belts etc
- Any Maintenance Engineer from a manufacturing environment welcome – FMCG, Food, plastic, packaging, Pharmaceutical, foundry, brick, distribution, automotive, metals, RAF, Forces etc.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Secondary School or equivalent