Senior Software Engineer / Hybrid - Newcastle / £60k
- by Pearson Carter
- Location Newcastle, UK
£50,000 - £60,000 / year
23 days ago
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining high-quality software solutions for our clients. Your role will involve contributing to developing the back-end functionality, integrating with databases, and providing cross-platform browser compatibility. You will also work with designers to translate wireframes into fluid and responsive templates.
The Essential Skills
- Experience translating visuals and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to translate these into fluid and responsive templates.
- Experience developing back-end functionality with C# / ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Core MVC or JS/Node/Express.
- Experience integrating with back-end database systems, including relational databases or no-SQL platforms.
- Strong working knowledge developing cross-platform/browser compatibility (IE10+ & Evergreen Browsers) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (building sites to at least an AA standard).
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages.
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.
- Some experience in AJAX techniques.
This role is a Hybrid work model based in Newcastle, offering an excellent salary of up-to-£60,000
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet