Geography Teacher - September 2023
- by Step Teachers
- Location Southwark, UK
£34,502 - £53,482 / year
11 days ago
As a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area, Step Teachers are currently looking for a Secondary School Geography Teacher in Southwark to start in September 2023. The position is full time, including planning and marking; the school caters for students from KS3 - KS5
This Ofsted rated ‘Good’ Secondary Academy, is an advocate for the learning from mistakes in order to progress and learn. Their aim is for every student to leave with the drive and resilience to achieve and make a positive impact in the world around them.
- Strong knowledge of the Geography curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Geography at KS3 is essential, teaching at KS5 is desirable
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Geography related degree is desirable.
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education