- by G4S CaRS
- Location Milton Keynes, UK
£45,000 - £50,000 / year
11 days ago
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary Range £45,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Permanent, Full Time
We are recruiting for a specialist CAMHS nurse to join our well- established Healthcare team!
Oakhill Secure Training Centre (STC) is an 80 bedded secure establishment for young people aged 12-17 years. Young people who are remanded or sentenced to custody are placed at Oakhill for reasons of risk or vulnerability.
The healthcare service provides a holistic approach to the young people's health at Oakhill. In line with the NHS, the services available include GP, Dentistry, Optician, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry. We also provide Immunisations, Sexual health clinics and Young Fatherhood programs. We carry out assessments using the Comprehensive assessment tools (CHATS) that are utilised across the youth secure estate. The nursing team is made up of RNLDs, RMNs, and RGNs RCNs. The CAMHS provision works alongside the nursing team and comprises a full time Mental Health Nurse, a session of Psychiatry and six sessions of Clinical Psychology. The CAMHS team is also supported by two weekly sessions of Speech and Language Therapy, and works closely with the Forensic Psychology team. A multi-disciplinary approach coordinates and optimises the care provided by all departments.
The post holder will work with young people, providing assessments and interventions that support their mental health and wellbeing, working directly, indirectly and through consultation. The CAMH service operates at Tier 2 level. The post holder will be responsible for delivering C&YP interventions in line with NICE guidelines and tailored to the individual needs of the young person . The post holder will be part of a specialist intervention team for children and young people who present with difficulties ranging from those requiring primary care support to more complex mental health conditions who have traditionally found it difficult to access services in the community. They will also support assessment and monitoring of young people with acute and complex presentations, who may require a more specialist placement.
The post holder will be responsive to the needs and views of the children, young people and their families within the custodial setting. The post holder will be expected to liaise with the families of our young people and also community CAMHS and FCAMHS, ensuring appropriate support is arranged for young people upon release.
The post holder will be responsible for working together with the Clinical Psychologist in delivering and implementing clinical and therapeutic interventions to young people via the referral process.
Benefits as a CAMHS Nurse:
- Salary range of £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Essential Skills as a CAMHS Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration RMN\LD
- Previous experience of working with children and adolescents
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Must be an effective team worker and be able to lead in areas of tier 1 & 2 CAMHs interventions.
- Ability to manage and maintain own caseload and work autonomously within the specialist area.
- Specialist training in a subject\skill relevant to child and adolescent mental health (0-18)
- Counselling skills and/or training in one or more therapy models
- The ability to supervise, teach and develop staff’s (clinical and non-clinical) understanding of mental health and learning difficulties
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. If you join us you will have a job specific induction programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
For more information on Oakhill Secure Training Centre please visit, https://oakhillstc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Safeguarding children and young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing