Procurement Contract Manager
- by HMRC
- Location Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK
£41,782 / year
22 days ago
*** Starting salary od £41,782 + £4000 market supplement ***
*** Located in Manchester, M3 5BS ***
*** Flexible working available, 2/3 days WFH per week ***
Are you a Procurement Specialist looking for your next challenge?
Do you want to be responsible for the commercial activities for one of the largest departments in Government?
Have you got the skills to manage both service contracts and IT contracts?
If you think you have these skills, then look no further, because this role could be for you!
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority. We collect taxes and duties from 45 million individuals and 5.2 million businesses, support trade and growth through customs and pay tax credits to 4.6 million household and Child Benefit to 7.5 million families.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.
What we do?
We are the Contract Management Team working with suppliers post contract award to ensure they fulfil a key role in helping HMRC deliver services to taxpayers and achieving strategic objectives.
Within the Commercial, Procurement and Contract Management team, we provide a comprehensive service across the whole commercial lifecycle to all areas of HMRC. Our operating model continues to evolve as we build the capacity and capability needed to deliver future business as usual and transformation.
Commercial Directorate sits within the Chief Finance Officer’s Group in HMRC and is accountable for all commercial arrangements covering the organisation’s c£1.6 billion annual external spend – we are also part of the Government Commercial Function (GCF).
The Team is split across the 3 contract categories: Corporate Services, IT and Property & FM.Person specification
You’ll be leading a portfolio of contracts, segmented based on risk, value and criticality. You will be leading delivery of a portfolio of commercial contract management activities in either Professional Services or IT categories.
Working collaboratively with pre-award colleagues and provide professional commercial leadership to business customers and HMRC colleagues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Commercial Contract Management Team. We'll want you to thrive on a challenge, enjoy working across boundaries and to be capable of building strong effective relationships at all levels. We are looking for a resilient individual who is comfortable working at pace.
- Creating and delivering Contract Management Strategies that fulfil business requirements and deliver value for money.
- Providing advice in the development and amendment to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators and track performance against contractual obligations.
- Actively manage contracts ensuring performance standards are achieved, reduce risk and maximise benefit realisation. Lead or support in-life negotiations.
- Supporting business areas delivering benefits and savings to central government, including open book contract management.
- Guiding the business on the impact of commercial/contract commitments and acting as an escalation route for the business on supplier performance issues, engaging legal advice as necessary.
- Supporting business owners to develop and maintain successful, long term, strategic relationships with our suppliers.
- Lead, manage and motivate across teams responsible for managing a range of contracts.
- Lead or support contract assurance and undertake supply chain risk management.
- Excellent customer management skills with the ability to engage at all levels
- Strong commercial competence with significant experience of managing multiple commercial contracts within a large complex organisation
- Extensive experience and understanding of commercial risk, and the ability to identify, mitigate and escalate as appropriate
- Proven track record of delivery commercial operations through effective client management and to develop rapport with colleagues and contacts, utilising negotiating and influencing skills to produce a positive outcome
- MCIPS, IACCM (World Commerce & Contracting) or an equivalent qualification
- Experience in managing strategic and/or high value contracts
- Supply chain management
- Basic commercial contract law
- Non-pensionable Labour Market Supplement of £4,000 pa
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Find more about HMRC benefits in 'Your little extras and big benefits handbook' for further information or visit Thinking of joining the Civil Service.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance