SEMH Teaching Assistant required for September - Gateshead
- by Novum Personnel
- Location Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, UK
£75.00 - £90.00 / day
6 days ago
Are you looking for a new challenging starting in September 2023?
Do you have experience supporting secondary aged children?
Do you have experience supporting children with SEMH / social, emotional and mental health difficulties?
- Based in Gateshead
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Students are aged from 8 to 16 years old
- Students are all diagnosed with SEMH / social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Commencing in September 2023
- Full time Teaching Assistant
- Whole class and some 1-2-1 support
- Supporting students with curriculum and emotional support
- Deescalating behaviour and managing challenging situations
- Will have a minimum of 3 months experience in a school
- Will hold a CACHE Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or higher/equivalent (not essential)
- Will have previous experience of supporting children with SEMH / social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Will have previously supported children in a similar setting such as a PRU or alternative provision
- Will be comfortable and experienced in managing challenging behaviour
- Will have a resilient character
- Will be able to build rapport easily
- Restraint training such as Team Teach is desirable but not essential
- A great rate of pay
- Join a lovely team of staff
- The opportunity to choose when you want to work or take holidays
- A dedicated team of SEND consultants with years of experience and knowledge of the industry
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please contact us now. To find out more please contact Aimee from Hello Education on 0191 691 5007 or email [email protected]
- Refer a friend once registered and you will receive £100 cash reward once your referral has worked for us for 10 days!
Do you know of an individual who applied unsuccessfully to a long-term teacher/teaching assistant job who you believe would be suitable for full time job roles? Or that is currently working for another agency that may be interested in discussing the positions further? In return for every agency worker who refers someone will receive a £100 cash reward when a referral has worked for us for 10 days and a further £100 cash reward after another 10 days!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year
'A' level/Higher or equivalent