Senior External Developer Support Manager
- by HMRC
- Location Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
£41,782 - £44,932 / year
17 days ago
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment?
Are you great at building and maintaining positive relationships?
Are you an experienced service manager looking for your next challenge at one of the largest public service providers in the UK?
At HMRC, we are already one of the most digital advanced tax authorities in the world and have one of the largest IT infrastructures and data sources in the UK. With 50 million customers to serve, over 60 thousand colleagues to support, and £600 billion to collect to fund UK Plc, our IT operation is huge! For those who are up to the challenge, we offer unique and unparalleled opportunities to work with some of the newest technologies and make a real, lasting difference.
HMRC is made up of Customer Groups which are working independently towards one common goal. Our role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Group that deliver in-house solutions for a broad range of technical and operational issues. Our digital delivery centres are hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities that allow our teams to maximise their capabilities.
Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) sits in the CDIO group. EIS handle HMRC’s core integration/middleware services, taking care of over a billion transactions every year and connecting hundreds of HMRC services.
We provide platforms for delivering Application Programming Interface (API) access to HMRC systems. We also provide artefacts and support for API consumers (software developers and other Government Departments) to build and manage authorised software that seamlessly integrates with HMRC digital services.
We use modern open-source products and work in an Agile way to deliver flexible, effective integration solutions.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.Job description
In this role you will be leading a team of Service Managers and Analysts in the Software Developer Support Team (SDST).
The SDST team provides Application Programming Interface (API) delivery and support to API consumers e.g. external software developers and other Government Departments, etc.
The SDST helps API consumers to develop and manage their software that is used for exchanging data and is available for taxpayers and traders to use to meet tax or duty obligations.
This is an exciting opportunity suited to someone who has recent experience in a similar role and is ready to lead a team in a dynamic environment.Person specification
Specific responsibilities will include:
Leading and managing your team:
- Using your own initiative to resolve issues and make fact-based decisions that will impact on service management and wider teams;
- Setting goals and direction to ensure consistent and high-quality delivery and operational support is provided to API consumers;
- Managing the SDST email help desk for API consumers;
- Obtaining and analysing data to understand effectiveness and quality of SDST API consumer support services to Key Performance Indicator (KPI);
- Using data to design, evolve, and deliver key processes and artefacts to maintain or improve SDST API consumer support services;
- Representing SDST and API consumer interest in the management and development of HMRC API developer hub and associated support tools;
- Triaging proposed changes to API enabled services, assessing impact, and recommending appropriate SDST resource to support delivery to API consumers; and
- Championing, mentoring and supporting colleagues.
You will need to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience in the following:
- Managing support of services through a team, or by influencing others to deliver (Service Management);
- Building and maintaining effective business relationships (Relationship Management); and
- Investigating issues and opportunities, collecting information, and recommending change (Business Analysis).
Ideally, you will also demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following:
- HMRC tax regimes e.g. Customs, Self-Assessment, PAY, Corporation Tax, etc. and
- Supporting APIs, XML and/or JSON-based products
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services