Lead Performance Analyst
- by HMRC
- Location Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
£52,598 - £59,294 / year
15 days ago
At HMRC, we are already one of the most digital advanced tax authorities in the world and have one of the largest IT infrastructures and data sources in the UK. With 50 million customers to serve, over 60,000 colleagues to support, and £730+ billion to collect to fund UK Plc, our IT operation is huge! For those who are up to the challenge, we offer unique and unparalleled opportunities to work with some of the newest technologies and make a real, lasting difference.
HMRC is made up of Customer Groups which are working independently towards a common goal. Our role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Group that delivers in-house solutions for a broad range of technical and operational issues as well as running the key digital services (like the Personal and Business Tax Accounts) through which our customers interact with us.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.Job description
Do you want to lead HMRC’s Performance Analysis community developing performance frameworks to inform how HMRC deliver and optimise its services?
This is an exciting time to join HMRC’s transformation to one that is digital first, as performance analysis is at its core– this highlights transformation with an in-depth understanding of how our digital services are performing and developing towards an ‘omni-channel’ approach to enable us to drive digital adoption and containment.
You’ll lead and develop a performance framework for an ‘omni-channel’ approach across HMRC’s digital tax accounts, mobile app, virtual assistants, telephony, chat, SMS and paper channels. This will inform how HMRC can deliver its channel strategy and maximise digital adoption and containment.
The team you will lead is responsible for the development and delivery of performance of our digital services. We are doing some pioneering work to link data across different channels (particularly digital and telephone) towards an omni channel view to deliver key insights as to what is driving people to contact us and how we can drive digital adoption and containment.
If you have a passion for performance analysis and have a track record of driving quality insights, we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a real impact here at HMRC. Individual team members work as part of one or more service or product teams so that they gain detailed knowledge and understanding of the service(s) they support.Person specification
- Provide inspirational leadership for our performance analytics team, including line management for senior performance analysts.
- Encourage, champion, and maintain a ‘digital first’ mindset across HMRC, ensuring the timely provision of robust, quality assured analytics, driving continuous improvement in performance analysis.
- Identify and exploit opportunities to enhance performance analysis outcomes, for example by:
o Further developing existing work to link and exploit data across different channels
o Communicating outcomes in better ways in support of the business and developing the measurement and reporting of performance against existing and new key performance indicators.
- Interpret results to allow us increasingly to understand and anticipate customer behaviour, including the identification of the triggers that cause customers to drop out of the digital channel; and create compelling evidence-based and actionable data stories to inform decisions and the continuous improvement of the services.
- Coach and mentor senior performance analysts, ensuring performance analytics roles in your area are structured and resourced appropriately, creating the environment to succeed
- Implement standards and best practice for performance analyst ways of working, co-ordinating activities across CDIO to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ability to undertake performance analysis and provide insight, with skills specified for the ‘Lead Performance Analyst’ role in the DDaT profession
- Proficient in a range of analytical tools, including Google Analytics, Data Studio, Excel/Google Sheets, SQL and PowerBI with awareness of wider analytical tools such as R and Python.
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to convey complex or difficult messages in a non-technical manner, using data visualisation best practice.
- Experienced in working with and linking data across multiple channels.
We would expect successful candidates to be at their selected office at least 2 days per week.Technical skills
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Undertaking analysis and providing insight
- Communicating analysis and insight
- Technical Understanding
- Performance Measurement
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services