Associate Delivery Manager
- by HMRC
- Location Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
£34,404 - £36,985 / year
15 days ago
Do you thrive in a collaborative, high-paced environment and are great at building and maintaining positive relationships?
At HMRC, we are already one of the most digital advanced tax authorities in the world and have one of the largest IT infrastructures and data sources in the UK. With 50 million customers to serve, over 60 thousand colleagues to support, and £600 billion to collect to fund UK Plc, our IT operation is huge!
If you’re excited by change, we offer unique and unparalleled opportunities to work with some of the newest technologies and make a real, lasting difference.
HMRC Chief Digital & Information Office is made up of Customer Groups which are working independently towards one common goal. Our role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Group that deliver in-house solutions for projects and programmes that deal with a broad range of business, technical and operational issues. Our CDIO offices are hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities that allow our teams to maximise their capabilities.See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert. Job description
As an Associate Delivery Manager, we are passionate about our teams, and supportive of our colleagues. We have a Delivery Manager profession community to learn, share and support each other.
Our community is made up of diverse individuals with a range of backgrounds and experiences. We have clear profession career paths, supported by Delivery Managers, Senior Delivery Managers, Heads of Profession and Profession Leads.
As an Associate Delivery Manager, you’ll be at the heart of collaboration and creativity, working as a tightknit unit with experienced Delivery Managers who will support you on your new professional journey and together, you’ll deliver glowing organisational change.
You will have the opportunity to manage our deliveries while we go through supplier changes and a host of other transformational activity, whilst ensuring the services we provide to both internal and external customers continuously improve.
You ‘ll be working as part of a small delivery team on the Payments Programme and other Debt Management initiatives.
The Payments Programme will support HMRC’s vision to be a trusted, modern tax and customs department. HMRC has a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support. Through this programme we will make it easier for customers to pay and be paid by HMRC.
Investment in the Payments Programme will transform the payment experience and enhance the tax system by making it easier for customers to pay or be paid, supporting customers who genuinely struggle to pay us, and taking appropriate action with those who are deliberately not paying us.Person specification
As an Associate Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across HMRC, other government departments, and with suppliers to deliver change.
- Leading on small to medium change deliveries affecting existing services, contributing to large scale project deliveries.
- Monitoring proposed changes through the change management process, to ensure correct governance is followed.
- Being comfortable with constructive challenge to achieve viable resolutions and make robust decisions.
- Act as an ambassador to Government Digital Service (GDS) and HMRC Standards, ensuring your team follow appropriate standards and brand guidelines
- Planning and scheduling – Implement and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling
When managing small projects/pieces of work:
- Monitoring and reporting - Establish and maintain project controls, keeping the Project Manager aware of the project status. Prepare project performance reports, presenting statistics and researching new information.
- Admin - Ensure organisational tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Resources - Manage workforce planning, providing information for effective decision making to the Project Manager. Procurement of supplies and services related to project support within Delegated Financial Authority limits.
- Stakeholder Management - Manage professional relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and act as lead point of contact for some external parties. Draft and sign-off correspondence.
- Financial control - Monitor project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets and the development of the business case. Ensuring an accurate asset register is maintained.
- Risks and Issues - Manage potential risk areas, working with risk managers and escalating as appropriate.
- Proven ability of managing stakeholders effectively and driving outcomes through engaging the right people at the right time.
- Ability to deliver at pace, manage competing priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Demonstration of understanding of change management processes.
- Experience or understanding of Agile.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement approach to their working environment, willing to innovate and improve people and processes.
- Experience of Monitoring project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets and the development of the business.
Experience/qualifications in Delivery Management e.g PSM1IT qualification(s) such as; APMP, Prince 2, etc
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services