Maths Teachers - September 2023
- by Step Teachers
- Location Croydon, UK
£32,407 - £48,055 / year
3 days ago
As a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts, Step Teachers are currently looking for a Secondary School Maths Teacher in Croydon to start in September 2023. The role is a full time one including planning and marking. While this is initally on a supply role, they are looking to make the role permanent for someone who fits well into the school and embodies the school's values.
This combined Secondary School with Sixth Form has an ethos of always giving 100% and striving for every individual to become the best version of themselves that they can. At their most recent inspection the school were rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and believe that very student should be proud of the achieve of both themselves and the school.
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Maths curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Maths at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Maths related degree is desirable.
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education