PE Teacher - September 2023
- by Step Teachers
- Location Finchley, UK
£32,407 - £48,055 / year
3 days ago
Step Teachers are working with a Secondary School near Finchley and we are currently looking for a full time PE Teacher starting in September 2023. The role is initially a long term supply role but the school are looking to make the position permanent for a teacher who embodies the schools values and is able to make a positive impact on both the students and the school.
The schools’ mission is centred around believing in and striving for every student to reach their full potential. This Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school are looking for a staff member who embodies the ethos of being fully committed.
- Strong Physical Education curriculum knowledge at KS3 & 4
- Upkeep a tidy, organised classroom with the safe use and storage of all equipment.
- Direct and support any additional staff in the classroom where applicable
- Ability to assess and report on your students when required
- Able to plan and deliver engaging, differentiated lessons
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching PE at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant PE or Sports related degree is desirable.
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education