Change & Release Analyst
- by HMRC
- Location Newcastle Emlyn, Tyne and Wear, UK
£34,404 - £36,985 / year
13 days ago
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment?
Are you great at building and maintaining positive working relationships?
If so, continue reading to find out more about this fantastic opportunity to join HMRC - one of the largest and most dynamic IT infrastructures in Europe, and we are now one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
For those who are up to the challenge, we offer unique and unparalleled opportunities to work with some of the newest technologies and make a real, lasting difference.
At HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.
Our role sits within Service Management & Operations (SM&O) which forms part of the Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO).
SM&O are accountable for the end-to-end service of HMRC’s IT Systems & Services, and our focus is ensuring a consistent, excellent Customer Experience.
Within SM&O is our Change Management Team where our role sits. The team is responsible for ensuring that standardised methods and procedures are used for efficient handling of all changes – this minimises the impact of change-related incidents by managing risks.Job description
As a Change and Release Analyst, you will support the Change Management Team in the effective management of the Operational Change Process across the HMRC estate.
Joining a small team of Analysts operating in an ITIL aligned function, you will support the Change Management process, capturing and managing risks and issues, escalating where appropriate.
You will contribute to the minimising of risk to the service by taking responsibility for ensuring that changes to HMRC services are authorised, controlled and traceable.
Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, you will provide advice and guidance on the processes and standard methodology.
As a key player within the team, you will contribute to the development of a positive team culture, always delivering an excellent standard of service.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of Operational Change Requests as they navigate their way through the Change process
- Day to day responsibility of moderate and Low risk changes, being responsible for 90% of the Operational Change Requests created on the HMRC estate
- Contribution to, and support of, a continuous improvement of the Change Management Process
- Provision of daily and weekly reporting on Operational Change Requests and the Change process
- Liaising with HMRC suppliers who do not have access to the Change Management Tool, helping and supporting Change Requesters to navigate their way through the process and the toolset
- Creation of Supplier Operational Change Requests and provision of assistance and technical advice to ensure the production of a robust, quality aligned, document
- An understanding of Change Management processes in alignment with ITIL framework.
- Demonstrable ability to process information, generate detailed analysis and reports using MS Office, Process documents and IT Service Management toolsets.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrable at all levels.
- Experience of working in a multi skilled team, yet demonstrating the ability to self-start, managing, and prioritising own work.
- Awareness of Release Management, Configuration Management, Incident Management and Service Design and Transition.
- Work experience in or a knowledge of an Agile or DEV OP’s environment.
- Knowledge of delivering IT changes to technology services (e.g., Desktops, Cloud, Physical environments).
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services