Lamonby Recruitment have a new vacancy for a Junior Project Engineer to join a leading Manufacturer in Lincoln.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer you will assist with the development stages for a wide range of projects and products.
You will be responsible for undertaking tasks such as scheduling and resource forecasting, ensuring that financial forecasts are accurate and that projects are progressing as planned and costed.
The ideal candidate will ideally have completed a manufacturing apprenticeship or be a graduate within an engineering/manufacturing discipline. You will have a passion for understanding the technical aspects of CAD drawings.
In return you will be offered a starting salary of between £18,000 - £24,000, excellent benefit package and outstanding training.
Junior Project Engineer Job Role
- Be involved in the NPI process and key to delivering parts into full production, ensuring control through FMEA and control plans;
- Be involved in solving day-to-day engineering queries and taking appropriate action;
- Engineering change control of design changes from customers, and transferring to production operatives;
- Be involved in creating standardized work for parts;
- Work on R&D projects with senior management and focusing on cost and process improvements
- Presenting the schedule of work to others in the company and the client organisation involved with the project;
- Developing detailed yet simple to understand schedules and graphs;
- Producing visual aids to help explain the schedule of work, including bar charts and network diagrams;
- Monitoring the progress of the project at different stages of its development;
- Making sure the achieved progress on the project fits the progress anticipated in the schedule;
- Keeping in contact with the project manager;
- Making adjustments to schedules if necessary;
- Liaising with individuals on the project
- Providing advice to people involved in the project;
- Ensuring that all the separate elements of the project fit together and are working towards a common aim.
Junior Engineer Personal specification
Will ideally have completed a manufacturing apprenticeship or be a graduate within an engineering/manufacturing discipline.
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Good leadership skills;
- Ability to motivate others and make them aware of the overall aim;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Sble to read/critique drawings with a clear understanding of a BOM;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to see the broader picture and work out how individual elements should operate as part of an overall aim;
- The ability to remain flexible and calm under pressure and in the face of a tight deadline;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Good literacy skills;
- A technical mind;
The motivation and desire to solve complex issues.