Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new role for a Purchasing Manager to join our client a leading Manufacturer near Lincoln.
Providing manufacturing products to a diverse range of industries the Production manager will need to have experience in a similar role within manufacturing/engineering.
As a Purchasing Manager, you will need strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate as you try to achieve the best price from suppliers. You will also need the ability to manage the financial aspects of the role and understand budget management processes.
The role will include aspects of forecasting future business activity; therefore, post holders will require a thorough commercial understanding and the ability to plan and forecast demand. Having responsibility for Stores and Purchasing Administrator, you will need skills in management, delegation and motivational techniques.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for ensuring that the business has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services.
To purchase all services or goods, as required for the business. Ensure that quality products are obtained at competitive prices and within the required timescale.
Purchasing Manager Duties
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs;
- Monitor business trends and product availability and obtain the best price for goods and services, without sacrificing quality or delivery times;
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices and terms for the business;
- Identify and research potential new suppliers, and complete the relevant auditing, as necessary;
- Research new products and services to meet the company's goals;
- Assesses total costs of company purchases;
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels;
- To design and implement robust strategies and procedures to deliver excellent supply change management, that achieve cost reduction strategies in the business;
- Maintain REACH and COSHH data sheets, ensuring compliancy;
- Oversee the stores team;
- Reports to the Manufacturing Manager
- Liaise with the Quality Department, to ensure suppliers are providing the relevant CofC documentation, for full traceability;
- Liaise with the Planning Department, to ensure all traceability of products used is in effect;
Purchasing Manager Requirements
- 3 to 5 years’ experience within Purchasing Management within a manufacturing/engineering company
- CIPS Would be a distinct advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate as you try to achieve the best price from suppliers.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the role and understand budget management processes.
- Good man management skills, ability to lead a team
- Excellent Microsoft skills
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000
- 33 Days Holiday
- Other benefits on request