The primary focus of this position is the day-to-day leading of the Yard. This is a working position and working with Branch leadership will ensure the equipment is repaired and in working condition so they can be rented out.
- Leads Yard in the day-to-day completion of their jobs.
- Assigning daily tasks
- Monitoring and signing off on work completed to ensure units meet quality standards
- Completing and submitting all work orders for the Yard
- Conducing periodic safety checks (PPE and ensuring policies are being followed)
- Coaching and training Yard employees
- Oversees inventory at the branch, including counts, inventory and security
- Cleans, repairs, and ensures all equipment are in working condition and ready to be rented.
- Documents work completed and verifies units either need further repairs or are ready to rent
- Oversees 3rd party tank cleaning vendors
- Oversees equipment returned to the branch to ensure all parts are in working order, will bill customer for damage, repairs and missing parts
- Ensures the supplies are replenished and the Yard is both organized and is free of debris and potential hazards (5S)
- Other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is required to fulfil the essential functions of the job.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Computer, telephone and electronic office equipment
- MS Office Suite
- Welder, forklift and electric hand tools
- Yes – Yard Employees (Welder, Forklift Operators, Yard Workers and Leads)
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working foreman for 3+ employees
- 1 Year experience with general labor and general repairs
- Welding experience preferred
- 1 Year of supervisory experience preferred
- 1 Year of coaching and training experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills (e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, database)