Direct Mail Marketing Executive - Chester
The purpose of the CRM Executive role is to:
• Set up and optimise multiple programmes of direct mail (marketing by post) activity across the company and its sub brands to:
o Target customers using ongoing direct mail based on time and behaviour triggers
o Target customers using bulk direct mail campaigns at key times in the year
• With the intention of:
o Improving the engagement of existing customers with us and its sub brands
o Driving bookings
o Increasing the rebook rate and retention rate of existing customers
• Previous commercial experience in a CRM executive role, with a focus on DM, including:
• Experience of taking direct mail activity from concept through to deliver and onward reporting, including copy writing for the DM and working with the design team to develop compelling concepts.
• Experience of bulk direct mail sends
• Experience of planning and implementing test activity through direct mail using test and control groups.
• Experience of creating and briefing in complex data briefs and working with high levels of personalisation specifically for direct mail campaigns
• Experience of working with dynamic content in direct mail
• Experience with segmenting data to decide:
1. Population to target
2. Dynamic content to display based on customer attributes
• Experience of working with 3rd party printers and mailing houses.
• Analysing results, and using these to create reports and convey meaningful and useful commercial information and recommendations on future activity/tests.
• Experience of working on multi-channel campaigns but must have a strong direct mail background.
• Management of CRM campaigns, from taking an initial brief to delivery of the campaign process and creating follow-up reports to measure the success of the campaign against objectives
• Managing key stakeholders at different levels of seniority within the business
• Experience of managing, building and deploying activity through an email service provider
• Good level of Excel skills (at least intermediate)
• Experience of working in the travel industry
• Experience of using a CRM platform
• Experience of working within a fast paced environment
• Experience of ongoing automated direct mail sends based on customer behaviour.
They will be accountable for delivery in the following areas:
• Participating in the set-up and delivery of CRM direct mail directed at existing customers, working from an initial brief, ensuring delivery of key tasks on deadline and the overall success of the campaign. Campaigns will be both bulk distribution as well as ongoing automated triggered direct mail activity based on customer behaviour. All campaigns will have a level of dynamic content and personalisation.
• Creating and delivering on complex data briefs that are required for the direct mail campaigns to be highly personalised and targeted.
• Conducting follow-up analysis of campaigns with the data team to evaluate the success, any opportunities for improvement and ongoing activity and the return on investment of budget
• Creating and maintaining processes around campaign activity
• Auditing campaigns to ensure they are deploying according to the expected rules
• Reviewing competitor activity
Although we work hard, we also believe in rewarding that hard work. In addition to salaries, we offer a generous benefits package including:
=33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
=An additional day off during the week of your Birthday
=Annual bonus scheme
=Death in Service payment
=Subsidised park and ride passes
=Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
=Long service awards - cash payments and increases in holiday allowances
=Staff discount on cottage holidays
=Free worldwide travel insurance (including family members)
=Wellness extras, including free annual flu jabs, reflexology sessions and free fruit supplied in the office
Working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm