Apprenticeships Recruitment Manager
Full Time / Permanent
Up to £40, 000
Manchester City Centre
My client is looking for an Apprenticeships Recruitment Manager to lead on the development and implementation of marketing, learner engagement and recruitment strategies and operational plans to deliver business plan targets for their Training Provider.
The appointment would also be responsible for the entire recruitment process across all programmes including study programmes, adult courses, HE and apprenticeships, from initial brand awareness and application generation through to providing quality IAG for individuals, full candidate management and ultimately converting applicants into candidates and to starts.
Schools and Community Engagement
- Create and manage the implementation of the schools and community engagement strategies and operational plans to generate quality applications from young people still at school or those recently out of education and adults looking to change careers or re-enter the workforce
- Manage engagement with schools and drive quality improvements to the recruitment process including careers meetings, workshops and presentations, careers fairs, parent’s meetings and all other communications
- Manage engagement within communities and drive quality improvements to the recruitment process.
- Oversee the management of all engagement staff including direct line management responsibility for the Schools Engagement Manager, managing five advisors
- Identify, manage and co-ordinate high level stakeholder strategic relationships to build the profile of Education & Skills in the market
- Lead on conducting market/customer research and competitor analysis in order to drive further improvements to the engagement strategy
Recruitment and Admissions Management
- Devise and manage the implementation of a recruitment strategy and operational plan that ensures an optimum customer journey for all applicants and maximises conversion from application to learners starting programmes
- Oversee the management of all recruitment staff
- Devise and implement an initial assessment processes in the recruitment unit to ensure that potential learners are given the right information, advice and guidance and are placed into the most suitable learning opportunity based on this advice and assessment
- Devise and implement a candidate management policy to ensure that candidates receive regular communications and are placed onto courses or subbed for vacancies in the most timely and efficient way possible
- Manage the recruitment process for young people still at school including overseeing all open events and keep-in-touch events
- Lead on conducting market/customer research and competitor analysis in order to drive further improvements to the recruitment process
- Manage the development and use of effective MI to support the provision of timely and accurate data that informs business decisions and supports the achievement of the company business plan.
Leadership and management
- Implement strategic and operational plans through effective management and strong leadership within own business area.
- Effectively manage a team across the three key functions of marketing, recruitment and school’s engagement
- Provide advice across sector teams and training centres, generating buy-in and commitment to the recruitment strategies and plans
- Set appropriate standards and expectations for all staff in business unit and manage fairly and transparently individual and team performance using key pieces of MI and Balanced Scorecards.
- Manage an annual budget of £140k, ensuring that we achieve outstanding ROI with spend
- Manage a range of suppliers
- Extensive strategic and operational management skills
- Ability to devise and implement engagement strategies to drive brand awareness and preference within the target market
- Ability to devise and commission integrated multi-channel offline and online marketing campaigns to B2C and B2B audiences including events, advertising, print, social media, websites, direct marketing
- Relevant degree or CIM qualification
- Ability to devise and implement recruitment strategies to optimise the customer journey from application to start
- Capacity to market and sell a complex offer to a range of audiences
- Ability to conduct independent market research and analyse digital analytics to drive further strategic improvements
- Capacity to effectively lead, manage and develop a team
- Experience of the management of staff, suppliers and budgets
- Experience of management a recruitment function, including process development and the use of CRMs to improve KPIs
- Experience of managing a schools or community outreach function, including the building of relationships with influencers such as parents, careers advisors, youth workers, teachers
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing
- Extensive knowledge of recruitment operations – candidate generation, submission and placing
- Extensive general knowledge of the education and training sector, including skills policy
- Knowledge of recruitment / admissions processes within the education sector, including the provision of quality IAG
For further information, please contact Lydia Howbrook on 0161 245 4942 or alternatively email email@example.com . Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.