Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join our client, a leading Construction contractor who specialise in high-end residential refurbishments and new builds, based in South West London.
This position offers great development with the looks of the successful candidate being trained up to becoming a fully-fledged Project Manager.
The Assistant Project Manager will live within a commutable distance to the offices and will have at least 1 years’ experience working as either an Assistant Project Manager or Assistant Site Manager. They must be able to think on their feet’ as well as multi-task and prioritise their own workload. Experience with high-end residential projects, while not essential, is seen as a huge positive.
In return, the successful Assistant Project manager will be offered a starting salary between £22,000 - £30,000 (dependent upon experience and qualifications) as well as great opportunities for future development as a Project Manager.
Trainee Project Manager Role
- To assist in various tasks working alongside our senior project managers / director
- Assist in the preparation, agree and monitor all Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Programmes for all sub-contract operations.
- Assist in the scheduling, procure and monitor the supply of all materials and sub- contracted operations for the project to ensure that the overall programme is maintained.
- Assist in the supervision and control of all on-site operations with additional on-site assistance if required
- Assist with the monitoring, updates and reports on costs/budgets for all contract related purchases and expenditure including materials, plant, labour etc.
- Assist estimators and team members in preparing quotes and monitoring variations.
- Assist with the Co-ordination and monitor the design and detailing process.
- Assist with the liaison and co-ordination of programme with the client and other work package contractors, to ensure the regular progress of the works.
- Assist in the preparation and maintain job specific quality plan ensuring that all records, inspections, testing and quality control procedures are carried out at all times.
- Prepare and maintain all short-term programmes and information required by the client to monitor and conform to the agreed contract programme.
Skill Set Required
- Qualified to a degree level in a construction related subject
- 1+ years’ experience as either Assistant PM of SM.
- High-end experience highly desirable
- Computer literate to a good standard using Word and Excel, Power Point is desirable
- Use to working with software packages.
- Good communicator and telephone manner.
- Be proactive, organized and a team player
- Have good attention to detail.
- Confident and flexible approach essential
Trainee Project Manager Package
Starting salary £22,000 - £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
20 days holiday + 8
Matched pension contributions