Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Double Days Shift Pattern 6:00am - 2:30pm & 2:00pm - 10:30pm
Circa £36k-38K+ Excellent Benefits, Including:
- Bupa + Free Eye Tests
- Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Stat
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Parking
- On going training
Due to continued investment and expansion within the company's Engineering department, McIver Knight are representing a market leader in the Food industry, who are actively on the lookout for Multi-Skilled Engineers to join their team!
The Main Tasks
- Responsible for Health and Safety of themselves and all personnel on site.
- Records and actions near misses for their designated areas.
- Reports any Food Safety incidences that occur on shift to the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Understand the Engineering teams KPI’s and objectives.
- Ensure consistency with all employees in line with company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with supporting departments when necessary to ensure good engineering service.
- Ensure the Engineering action log is completed and up to date with the Team Leader.
- Ensure all designated area equipment has the correct levels of critical spares.
- Monitor production equipment by ensuring the daily checks are completed on the designated line by the Engineers on shift and then recorded on the correct documentation, accurately and during their shift. Following up any actions required and record work through the CMP process.
- Ongoing issues from the previous shift to the Team Leader
- Attend the relevant meetings when required.
- Review the Quality action log and ensure assigned actions are closed out.
- To define and promote safe working practices within all operating procedures
- Ensure all equipment is Food safe and fit for purpose under normal operating conditions through scheduled daily checks and PM activities.
- Check and understand the operational and maintenance requirements of equipment in the designated areas.
- Educated to ONC Level or equivalent and time served.
- 2 years of experience of Engineering, post apprenticeship.
- Maintain patience and demonstrate persistency in your work.
- Understand the contribution of your activities to sustainable success and brand image and modify your activities accordingly.
- Positive, motivated and a team player. Outgoing and flexible. Detail conscious and practical.
- Regularly monitor the quality of your work and learn from mistakes.
- Appreciate different points of view and value team success above your individual achievement.
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and systematic in approach.
In return for your efforts – the company can offer you various opportunities within professional training and development, as well as the competitive package/salary available!
This really is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking company, and any interested parties should approach Dylan at McIver Knight without delay!
Forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org – alternatively, you can call the office on 0161 826 9466.